As a CTMP, you will gain the skills needed to manage corporate training programs that align with your company’s goals – now and in the future. You will develop core competencies that will allow you to demonstrate your expertise in training management and impact change across the business.
CTMP journey includes ten modules:
- The Evolution of the Training Industry and Introduction to the CTMP Program
- Managing a High-Performance Training Organization
- Creating Strategic Alignment Leveraging Business-Centric and Demand-Based Training Models
- Mastering the Process of Selecting and Managing Resources
- Achieving Business Goals by Optimizing Your Organization’s Training Processes
- Leveraging Technology to Enhance Organizational Learning
- Developing Solutions Based on Needs Analysis and Business Acumen
- Choosing Development and Delivery Strategies that Drive Performance
- How to Assess Business and Training Performance for Better Outcomes
- Preparing for the CTMP Exam
The objectives of the CTMP designation are to:
- Recognize the specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities of individuals who oversee an examiner training program for a state regulatory agency as their primary job responsibility
- Encourage continued professional development in the areas of adult education, course development, instructional design, and tech-based training innovations
- Develop learning outcomes, gather feedback, and evaluate the effectiveness
- Enhance the quality of job performance and skill level of these specialized agency employees
Successful completion of the CTMP exam is your last step in achieving certification. The two-and-a-half-hour online exam can be accessed at any time following the completion of your practicum.
The exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions designed to test your knowledge of the core principles needed to effectively manage corporate training programs and your ability to apply best practices in various training manager scenarios.
Candidates must receive a 70 or higher to pass the exam and earn the CTMP credential. Upon passing the exam, you will receive a CTMP certificate recognizing your achievement and a social badge designating your credential.
The attestation section of the application addresses the following required competencies:
- Demonstrates adequate knowledge of the subject matter under instruction
- Adequately measures and assesses staff training needs
- Develops content using instructional design best practices
- Develops education and training materials
- Develops plans for transfer of knowledge, skills, and abilities from senior staff to incoming employees and junior staff
- Evaluates effectiveness of training delivered
- Embraces and encourages adult learning
- Understands how professional development, training, and education fit into the strategic goals of the agency
- Embraces technology-driven learning options
- HUMAN RELATIONS and COMMUNICATIONS
- Exhibits interpersonal solid communication skills
- Establishes strong connections with examiner staff
- Seeks feedback from learners to improve agency training programs
Every three years, holders of the CTMP designation must submit 63 continuing education hours (CEHs) to renew certification. If this requirement is exceeded, up to 14 CEHs may be carried over into the new three-year term.
Continuing education should be selected to maintain, improve, or expand the certificate’s knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Training Format Accredited Training Provider