Take Your Career as a Finance Leader to the Next Level
Suppose you have a finance background and already work in accountancy, finance, or the banking sector. In that case, your ultimate goal may be to achieve the designation of Сhief Financial Leadership Officer (CFLO).
Through a comprehensive curriculum driven by world-class faculty and the latest industry research and insights, senior leaders will develop the knowledge and skills to transition into the CFLO role seamlessly.
This program will help participants drive financial frameworks that embrace global business strategies while preparing them to manage investors, analysts, and the board to optimize business efficiency.
During the multimodal learning journey, it tackles various themes structured around value creation, capital markets, risk management, leadership, and relevant skill development for the CFLO role.
At the end of this program, participants will emerge equipped with the skills, tools, and frameworks needed to lead economic transformation and handle increasingly complex challenges their organizations face.
By earning CFLO, candidates demonstrate that they have mastered the financial management body of knowledge, obtained financial management skills, and are committed to CSOBM’s core values and code of ethics.
Earning your CFLO designation broadens your skillset and demonstrates a standardized level of industry knowledge, making you a recognized leader in financial management.
The certificate will provide you with the tools and frameworks to enhance your financial leadership and sharpen your decision-making skills.
It will help you evaluate current strategies against financial metrics and drive growth while creating value for your organization.
- Program for Financial Sustainability
- Operating Cycle and Value Drivers
- Measuring Strategy
- Defining Good Stewardship of Capital
- Macro Revenue Factors, Materials, and Supply Chain
- Labor, Talent, and Compensation
- Capital and Capital Expenditure
- Capital Structure and Introduction to Foreign Currency
- A Global Market: Foreign Currency
- Organizational Valuation
- The Qualities of a Financial Leader
- CFO as Strategic Partner to the CEO
- Capital Allocation
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Integration
- Managing Performance and Compensation
- Raising Capital and Managing Investors
- Regulatory Compliance
- Information Systems and Tomorrow’s CFO
Certificate in Business Excellence
Upon completing the CFLO Chief Financial Leadership Officer program, participants must pass an exam to be awarded the Certificate in Business Excellence from the Chartered School of Business and Management.
The certificate recognizes their achievement and the investment they and their organization have made in their education and development.
Once you have passed the CFLO exam and received your certification, you will need to stay updated on developments in financial management practices.
To prove you have maintained and updated your financial management knowledge and skills, CSOBM requires you to recertify every four years. (please refer to recertification for more info).
The examination is a 3-hour exam with 100 multiple-choice questions examinations. The exam is given in a booklet or online format.
- Analysis of Financial Statements and Cash Flow
- Financial Forecasting Planning and Budgeting
- The Management of Working Capital
- Short-Term Financing
- Time Value of Money
- Risk Return and Valuation
- Capital Budgeting Including Leasing
- Capital Budgeting Under Risk
- Cost of Capital
- Leverage and Capital Structure
- Dividend Policy
- Term Loans and Leasing
- Long-Term Debt
- Preferred and Common Stock
- Hybrids Derivatives and Risk Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Failure and Reorganization
- Multinational Finance
The CFLO Chief Financial Leadership Officer is uniquely designed to suit professionals from diverse industries with a strong finance background.
In addition, individuals new to the CFLO role or stepping into a financial leadership role will benefit from the in-depth curriculum, expert faculty, and invaluable networking opportunities.
Participants should have:
- A minimum of eight years of work experience in finance
- Bachelor Degree
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- International exposure (preferred)
- A Minimum of 25 hours of financial management approved training.
- Training Format Accredited Training Provider
- Exam Format Multiple Choice Test
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level Level 2 - Practitioner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes