The Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt™ (ICGB™) is a professional who is well versed in the core to advanced elements of Lean Six Sigma Methodology, who leads improvement projects, and serves as a team member as a part of more complex improvement projects lead by a Certified Black Belt, typically in a part-time role.
A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Lean Six Sigma Method, including competence in subject matters contained within the phases of Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control (DMAIC).
A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt understands how to implement, perform, interpret and apply Lean Six Sigma at a high level of proficiency.
The Six Sigma project performance level tends to match the level of persistence, expertise, and commitment of the individual members of the team.
While reviewing the roles contributing to the project, most think about the champion and Black Belt’s roles in deploying the project. However, to improve the performance of the tasks, Green Belts will also play a critical role in the process improvement.
Green belts are skilled team players aiming to improve process quality.
They help to bridge the gap between the Six Sigma theory and real-world application. Six Sigma Green Belt candidates are vital in improving the process, data inspection, or Project Management.
WHO SHOULD CERTIFY?
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt operates in support of or under the supervision of a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, analyzes and solves quality problems, and is involved in quality improvement projects.
A Green Belt is someone with at least three years of work experience who wants to demonstrate their knowledge of Six Sigma tools and processes.
- The Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam™ is a 100-question, closed book, proctored exam with a 3-hour allotted time.
- Some forms of this exam may include up to 10 non-graded questions.
- The Exam contains approximately 20 multiple-choice and true/false questions from each significant section of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge. It is administered in Testing Centers located in 165 countries worldwide, through the Online Proctoring system and by Accredited Providers.
- To achieve the professional designation of Certified Green Belt (CGB™), candidates must sit for the Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 70%.
- Candidates must have worked in a full-time, paid role.
- Three years of on-the-job experience in one or more of the Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge areas.
- Training Format Accredited Training Provider
- Exam Format Multiple Choice Test
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level Level 2 - Practitioner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes